November 27, 2011

Manda Djinn Loison...




Manda was my very first "American" friend in Paris over 5 years ago when I got to France.  She found me on Myspace, of all places.. She wrote to me out of the blue, introducing herself and talked about her music.. she's a jazz and gospel singer.  We met soon after and became fast friends..

Manda, from New York and I from, California- we made a great pair... Both of us with spunk and attitude.. no one could stop us!  We laughed a lot and talked a lot, but most of all... we understood each other... and we were there for one another!

Manda and I had a very special friendship and I counted her as one of my closest friends... She was struck with breast cancer a little over two years ago.. and battled with the disease with strength and power- and was doing well...   Over the summer, she was diagnosed with a lung condition and spent the past months being treated for it and learned also that her cancer had come out of remission.  She had two things going on and it wasn't easy, I know.  She fought bravely and with a lot of positive energy while undergoing treatments..  She had just restrarted chemo again.  She and I had close contact and she remained positive and with the spirit that I knew - strong and ready for a fight.

That is why I was in so much shock and was completely devastated when I received news yesterday from her husband that she was in the hospital and it wasn't good.  This couldn't be happening, not to my beloved friend.. She had so many years left to go..... So many more songs to sing... Oh.. I cannot even believe she is gone!  It's sad beyond my words can go... I miss my dearly, beloved friend.

This is a very difficult time to pass, losing someone I loved dearly.. Life is UNJUST and UNFAIR.  I have lost too many dear ones.. and on Wed, the anniversary of my mom's passing...

For all of you out there who have lost loved ones... my heart is with you, my thoughts are with you.. and we stand together in remembering with love all of the good times we shared with our loved ones.

MANDA, you will be missed so much and I am very sorry and very sad to see you go, my dear and cherished friend... You will be in my heart forever and I am sorry we didn't get to say goodbye.
I love you dearly.  Say hi to my mom, Mira, Bernhard... and all the others who are there to greet you! I know there will be a big concert in the Heaven's now that you are there- but here on Earth the tears are flowing... I miss you!  I love you very much!





6 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

So very sad. Manda RIP. Diane

Leesa said...

Thanks so much Diane...

It's terribly sad...

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Such sad news, I'm very sorry to hear it. Sending virtual hugs your way Leesa. x x

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

This is such sad news, I'm very sorry to hear it. Sending virtual hugs your way Leesa. x x

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

So sorry to read this about your friend, very sad.

Carolyn said...

Hi Leesa - I'm so sorry about your wonderful friend's death. Deepest sympathy to you and all her family and loved ones.

Thinking of you and sending a big hug - hope to see you in Paris in 2012 xxoo Carolyn and Clive