September 27, 2011

Mira- My dear, sweet friend....






I got some very DEVASTATING news on Friday... My dear friend, Mira... lost here long battle with cancer- Leukemia... she was only 27.

I have learned some hard lessons in life.... one of the hardest being my own beloved mom's lost battle to breast cancer almost 6 years ago... Nov. 30, 2005.

Mira fought as hard as my mom, and was just as positive and inspirational as my mom.. Two extraordinary women- two incredible woman--- why did they have to lose their lives to this HORRIBLE MONSTER called CANCER??

I will NEVER IN M LIFE understand why the good people leave our lives early... It's just so unjust and unfair- that is the way life is sometimes - it's snatches away the one's we love the most.

My heart is aching for my dear aching, I feel so sad and devastated... Mira, your family and friends love you so much and your shining light shines on and on--- even in your absence,,,

I love you very much my dear and cherished friend... I am thankful for all of the wonderful times we spent together and all the memories I will keep close to my heart...

I love you dear Angel Mira....

10 comments:

shannon said...

It was so heartbreaking to receive that news. She was far too young. She always kept such a positive attitude about everything. I don't know if I could have been as strong as she was.

*hugs*

Ksam said...

Hey Leese....Just wanted to pop in and say I've been thinking about Mira a lot too these past few days. She was one of the most courageous and positive people I've ever met, and the world lost a little bit of its light when she passed away. She will be missed!!

Barbara said...

I am extending my sympathy both to the family of Mira and to Leesa.

Barbara

Susu Paris Chic said...

I remember her too. From meeting her though you Leesa.

How devastating! I feel the sorrow too. So incredibly hard to comprehend.

getyourselfconnected said...

Wonderful post. Take care Leesa, I know how hard it is.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

So so sorry to read this very sad news about your wonderful friend Mira. Prayers for her family and you. Anne

Leesa said...

Shannon... Devastating news because she fought soooo damn hard and was sooo full of positive energy... She and my mom have been the most inspirational people who I know who have fought sooo strongly against cancer.... I HATE CANCER!!!!


Sam - She was a fighter and remained positive until the end.. I still can't believe she's gone... We lost a lot of light, for sure!!!

Thanks so much Barbara,
I appreciate your kind thoughts..


Thanks Susa.. Yes.. I believe it was the day we went to eat sushi and then went to Slumdog Millionaire... It's sooo sad for me..


Getyourselfconnected..
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for being a friend to our dear Mira... I know that meant a lot to her....

Hi Anne--

Thanks so much for your sympathies and kind thoughts.. She will be MISSED!!!!

American in Norway said...

I am so sorry for your loss... :-( Stay strong.. sending prayers your way. xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm in Chicago and just read your post. My sincere condolences to Mira"s family and friends who loved her. Brigitte

Leesa said...

Brigitte,

Thank you so much for your sympathies. It means a lot that you wrote.

Thank you,
Leesa