August 12, 2011

"Checking Out!" The END of my 'stay'


It's been nice, it's been 'fun' but now I really gotta 'run!!!' In other words, "SEEEEEE YAAAAAH!!

Haha.. By Sunday, I was REALLLLLY ready to go home, but I still had that darn catheter, which they took out on Monday morning--- at 6:30 a.m. and I was still feelin' like a 'patient!' The nursing staff changed over the weekend and I felt like I didn't know anyone anymore and wasn't 'attached' at all.. so it was okay for me to leave, now.. Thanks! PLUS, the bed had a big ol' dent right where your low back goes so my back had really had enough, too!

So, by the time TUESDAY a.m. FINALLY rolled around- 6 days post op, I felt like a 'real' human being again and ready to start a new chapter - RECOVERY! I was really aching for a good cup of coffee, so I mosied downstairs to the reception area to the cute little cafe.. OOPS, it was still closed.. I decided that since it was officially my 'last' day there- I'd make a break for it and head down the street to McDo's and have a 'real' coffee in the McCafe! hehe!
Afterwards, I came back and had yet... another coffee at the cafe in the hospital, which was, by that time.. OPEN!


Alex came at 9:30 a.m. and we 'checked out' of the hotel... er hospital without trouble.. So, as I said... It's been nice, it's been fun....



After that, we walked to my surgeon's office and paid a whooping 650 euros for my surgery. The extra for the hospital room being a private room was only 300 euros total for the 6 night stay.. Not too bad!! Anathesiologist fee was 250 euros...

We went continued on to the marché and got our fruits and veggies... Went home and I cooked us up a DELICIOUS Thai meal with chicken/curry and red rice (YUM) and a realllly yummy banana/honey/date shake for dessert! All and all, not too bad for my first day of freedom!





YUMMMMMMMMM!!!



2 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Good to know you are now home and from the photo it looks like you are already well on the way to being a new woman Leesa.

Leesa said...

Thanks So much LLM..


I was really feeling SOOO much better by the 3rd/4th day- it was surprising to me!!!
Thanks for your compliments, my dear!
Leese