May 1, 2011

Bon Premier Mai--- La Fête du Travail



Happy May Day Everyone!

I just LOVE the tradition here of giving a bouquet of muget for good luck on May 1st! I'm kind of surprised the flower market in the U.S. didn't pick up on this one- it's such a cute little holiday- but they could make a BUNDLE selling these wonderfully fragrant lily-of-the-valley bouquets....
In the meantime, I wish you all a very Happy May Day-- it's "Labour Day" here in France and in a lot of other countries in Europe, too!


5 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Happy May Day to you too!

Leesa said...

Hey there likes chocolate!!!

Thanks and to you, too! Hope you're doing well...

Leese

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

I had not heard of this tradition until I read this post Leesa.

Michelle said...

Happy May Day to you. That would be a wonderful day to celebrate here in the USA

Leesa said...

Hey LLM...

I know, it doesn't exist in America, either!


Michelle- Thanks so much for your comment... It would be nice, wouldn't it? Take care, Leesa