April 1, 2011

Poisson d'avril- April Fool's Day in France!

Today's the day to "check your back" - because if you are here in France, there's a possibility that someone you know will stick a fish on your back.. and you will walk around with this fish ALL DAY long without realizing it!

Hahahaha!! I know because it happened to me last year! I was HAD (by one of my young students).
It's funny, because no one says to you... "Umm, excuse me lady, but you have a FISH on your back!" Today, I'm going to try it out myself!!!


You have a FISH on your back!


HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY or "Poisson d'AVRIL!"

**Images taken off the net.








5 comments:

Karin (an alien parisienne) said...

Welcome back, Leesa, and Happy April Fish Day to you. So far, I am fish-free. :) I love the images you found online! Especially the gummy fish one. Now I want to eat some. :)~

au soleil levant said...

Happy Poisson d'avril! I still have several that my students gave me.

Leesa said...

Hi Karin- Thanks! What a fun little holiday, isn't it?! I could eat those Swedish fish all day long, I think!!! YUM!!
Happy Fish Fool's Day to you! Leese


Mira.... Hey, I got 'fished' today!!! It is a really cute one that my student made and I will take a pic of it..
Leese

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Interesting as they do this in Italy as well :)

Leesa said...

Hi LLM-- I had no idea.. What do they call it in Italia?

Take care, Leesa