November 4, 2010

Peace - La Paix -





TODAY is the long awaited for BLOGBLAST FOR PEACE! The day that bloggers all around the blogosphere write about peace and what it means to them personally.

Wikipedia defines PEACE as such: "Peace describes a society or a relationship that is operating harmoniously and without violent conflict. Peace is commonly understood as the absence of hostility, or the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, safety in matters of social or economic welfare, the acknowledgment of equality and fairness in political relationships. In international relations, peacetimeis the absence of any war or conflict."


It's a great notion, isn't it? '

Yet so hard to get it right in this world! I don't understand, and have never understood, for that matter WHY 'peace' is so hard to attain on a universal level-- on a societal level, for that matter? I often ask myself, "Why can't we just all live in peace and harmony, and that's that? No more wars and killing, no more fighting and name calling, no more hostility and anger or vengeance against one another... It makes no sense to me that we have to live in a world were people are mean, disrespectful, apathetic and uncaring towards each other, right?

I don't know if the world is ready for PEACE in totality, but I sure am... and I try to spread my little piece of peace every day as I go out into the world by smiling and greeting people around me.

I think that as we do little things on an individual level, it all works together for the common good and that every step we take in the direction of love, respect, caring, and kindness for our fellow human being next to us, we make a little dent in the dark aspect of all that is negative...
We can let our positive energy flow out and around us to make others smile, to brighten someone's day... to chase all those bad energy vibes far away.

This is how I find peace in my life, in my day... and try to spread it to others around me. I know that I'm not always perfect and the positive vibes are not always rolling off me, but I try! And, for every time I see a smile on someone's face as I walk past them, I know that the world is already becoming a better place, because a sweet smile goes a long way towards finding the PEACE at the other end of the rainbow.
Please think about what I've said here today and as you go out and live your day among those around you, and try to spread a little PEACE around you, too!
Namaste and have a peaceful day!

DONA NOBIS PACEM


23 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa,

I will tune in and say Hi to Mimi :)
We can only send off the best that we offer to the world!
It takes courage to spread Peace.

XO

Leesa said...

Good morning Barbara!

I agree with you... It takes courage to spread peace when things go against that... We'll keep putting forth our best and keep spreading our peace and joy with the world!
Namaste

Anonymous said...

lovely art. I have seen your peace hands before in a google search and I am glad I made it to the point of origin.
Paix pour tous le monde.
Maintenant!
not even researching if I got that one right from memory of high school French.

Leesa said...

Hi Anonymous...

Wow! Great that you made it over to my blog- On Peace Day, no less!!! I found all of the images on the post via a Google search, myself! Except the last image, which is my Peaceglobe, which was made for me by fellow blogger, Sanni...
Great memory for your French! Très bien!
Take care and come back again!

Anndi said...

I love your globe, it makes me smile.

I've asked why so often... now I'm trying to ask "why not". May we embrace our diversity and see it as a garden, every colour, every scent making the whole experience that much richer.

☮ & ♥

Namaste! Shalom! Frieden! Paix!

Walk in the Woods said...

Harmony and balance are indeed what peace is all about ~ as is life. And - love your images! Peace.

Ron said...

Faaabulous peace globe, Leesa!

OMG...it's AWESOME!!!!!

Peace, my friend!

X

Notes from Noël said...

Great post Leesa - if only more people would agree with us! :)

ABBY said...

Just beautiful.

purrs4peace

xoxoxo
Abby

Kate said...

Found you from the Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

au soleil levant said...

You make the world a better place every day by your kindness and willingness to reach out to lonely expats in France! You set such a wonderful example for the rest of us. May there be peace on Earth indeed!

Leesa said...

To: Anndi, A Walk in the Woods, Kate, and Abby-- Thanks so much for visiting my blog today... on BlogBlast 4 Peace Day, it gives us a great opportunity to get out and read fellow bloggers ideas and perspectives on peace- It's a great day on the blogosphere today and I really appreciate you all stopping by and leaving comments!
Namaste....

Leesa said...

Mira - Awwwww! Thanks sooo much for your very sweet comments! I'd like to think that myself-- because we can all do something on an individual level to help make the world a better, more peaceful place to live in! Amen!!!

Hiya Ron!!!

Thanks so much! Peace for US all!!


Dawn-- Thanks! You and I are ONE on this! Have a nice Friday!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful, Leesa! Great art work and wonderful words.

Leesa said...

Hey there Sherry Blue Sky-- Love the title of your blog! I'll go over as soon as I write this comment...
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!
Have a great weekend...
Leesa

Travis Cody said...

Yes! We create our own peace within ourselves and send it out in peace ripples. That's my philosophy too.

Peace!

Annelisa said...

Hi Leesa, fellow worker bee!

I totally agree with you that just by trying to be more pleasant we can make a difference in our everyday life.

I don't know why we haven't got peace already. I don't think we are ready for it yet...we still have a lot of historical clutter to deal with...but I hope it will happen this century, and that I will see it in my lifetime. And I hope that we will have made a difference.

Wishing you peace and happiness x

Leesa said...

Hi Annelisa---

I just saw that you commented on a different post thinking you didn't leave a comment... Here is your first one....
I think I forgot to respond back, too! Sorry about that! I totally agree with you... I wonder why, living in modern times as we do, we don't have peace already. It's a mystery to me... I really hope we do have it in our time, too... I think there are so many people who want peace, but there are those who foil it for all the rest.
I think it's important to get our message out and try to spread peace in all ways we can!
Have a wonderful weekend and I'm wishing you much peace as well!
Thanks again for stopping by...
Leesa

Leesa said...

Hi Travis..

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment! I appreciate you coming over to check out my blog. We do agree about that! : )

Peace to you and have a great week!
Leesa

Annelisa said...

Your peace post is now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite

Mimi Lenox said...

Leesa - A most BEAUTIFUL offering for peace globe day. I have loved this globe forever!!
Peace is a complicated concept to some and yet I find it to be simply a matter of "doing" peace....which takes effort and directed energy. So many people with the same energy have to make a difference. It HAS to. Thank you for your peace smiles across the miles and for being such an integral and lovely part of this movement.

This entry is #1981 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com and in the FB albums.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

Leesa said...

Thanks Annelisa!!


Hi Mimi- It always gives me great pleasure to spout PEACE on my blog- we are in SOOO much need of peace in the world and in our individual daily lives.
I think if we can help spread the message about PEACE, even on an individual level-- we are helping the entire picture and helping to promote PEACE in the world!
Thanks for creating the whole idea of Blogging for Peace- it's truly one of the most inspirational ideas I've run into in my life..
PEACE to you and yours in 2011 and always!
Leesa

Leesa said...

Thanks Annelisa,
I'll go have a look...
Leesa