November 27, 2010

Candy Corn...

The U.S. has one up on France in the category of Halloween candy-- Primarily because Halloween IS celebrated in the U.S. and NOT in France... I don't even know if these things can be found anywhere in France, but thanks to a few of my WONDERFUL friends in the States, I know have a pretty complete supply (I'm going to freeze what I don't use now and save it for next year)!


This load was from my dear friend, Tony in San Diego, who ALSO slipped in a bad of individual recees peanut better cups, to boot- a FAV. of Alex! Those went right away into our stomachs!!!
I also got some other packages from my Jasmin, Joy, Dan, and Rosemary (who sent a LOAD of them)... I have a really good supply now- THANKS SOOOO much you all!! I REALLY REALLY appreciate it!!

2 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I have never seen or heard of them before. There are many things I see in American recipes that I have to look up as I have not heard of them !

Yes Leesa you are right, I am in the UK until the end of March, in body, but my heart is in France!!! I am hoping that Nigel can retire next year so we can make the move to France permanent. Diane

Leesa said...

Diane,

I'm sure... because there are soooo many different kinds of things all over the place!!
Hope you make it back to France permanent one day!
Leese