June 8, 2010

When life gives you cherries....

you make clafouti! That's what I did tonight.


I was on a dead line because the cherries we bought on Sunday at the marché were already ripe and by today (Tuesday), some of them were becoming TOO ripe..

I had to throw a few away! These are black cherries and are very soft and sweet!


The recipe is very simple and turns out really nicely... It's kind of low-fat, and I altered the recipe by adding some amond extract and slivered almonds... YUM!!!


7 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I will make that tomorrow, it looks amazing. Diane

Leesa said...

Hi Diane,

Let me know how it turns out.. Amazing with the excess of cherries you have that they just rot on the tree...

wcs said...

Looks mighty good!

Leesa said...

Thanks Walt...

I ate some 'warm' last night but for some reason, I think it might be tastier, cold.. I'm not going to eat anymore now..... I'm going "off" of sugar again b/c I eat too much of it.. better to cut it off completely than to abuse it.. hehe!!
It was my first, and I was happy with the results!

Jennifer K said...

Yum, that looks delicious. I've eaten clafouti but have never made it, and I want to make it sometime. I eat too much sugar too though so I don't bake very often because I always eat way too much when I do!

Leesa said...

Hi Jennifer..

Thanks... I hear you loud and clear... I'm off of sugar now for a few months.. It really makes a HUGE difference.. esp. with my skin...
Take care,
Leese

The French said...

This looks amazing, but like you, I've been off sugar for 3 weeks. Makes a huge difference in my energy level. I do however make treats with brown rice syrup as it is super low on the glycemic index. Not sure if you mean you're off all sugars or just literal sugar. But if you need a healthy treat, try these...

http://crispytarts.blogspot.com/2010/05/knock-it-off-bars.html

We also posted peach quesadillas today, which can definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. Good luck:)