June 19, 2010

Picnic on the Seine Summer "Kick Off" Picnic!


From Paris with Love....... The "gang!"


Paris Picnic - FIRST ANNUAL! June 18, 2010 THIS IS HOW WE ROCK....
THIS IS HOW WE ROLLLLLLL!!!!!

Though the weather was "picnic perfect" the crowd sure was! We had a FANTASTIC time at our FIRST Paris Picnic on the Seine of the year.
This was our "summer kick-off" and though the weather didn't want to behave properly, it didn't hold us back in any way from enjoying ourselves
properly....
New friend and fellow blogger Karin was there... Animesh and two new friends, Mina and Rajeesh (visiting Paris from San Fran/Mina and Bangalore, India/Rajeesh), Dawn/Tom + their parents visiting Paris for a month, Brigitte, our resident singer and of course, your's truly, cupcakes in tote!

We had such a FABULOUS time.. that I'm sad that not everyone could make it.. but, never fear, there will be many more!

Thanks for joining us in spirit...

Brigitte and Animesh take a pause to smile for the camera (in the background-- there's some good wine to be had)!!

New faces-- and what smiling ones!! Wait! Cupcakes and lemoncello-- what could be better?!!


Father and son. How cute!
Animesh and Mina chatting up Dawn and Tom's moms!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys had fun!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. I am fed up with the weather:( Diane

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

WOW WOW WOW !!!! A fantastic evening on the Seine.. oh I wish I had been there, so great to see my friends having FUN :-) Really great that Karin got to meet you all, and great that Dawns family got to experience it..Such a super party!

PRETTY IN PARIS said...

Awwwwwwwwww, just about to leave the house and saw the post! I had such a nice time and it was fantastic seeing you again-enfin!
Great company, a refaire for sure.
Have fun with Alex, a demain.

Jennifer K said...

Looks like a great group. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it...I really wasn't feeling well. Have a great weekend!
Jennifer

Chrissy said...

I'm so jealous. What fun!

Lisa Petrarca said...

What fun! I just love get together's & your pictures show how much everyone was enjoying it also!

Karin (an alien parisienne) said...

This was so cool. :) Thank you again for inviting me, and thank you to Carolyn for thinking to introduce us! Yay Carolyn!

I just finished uploading my photos to Flickr, also. Here is the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/karinlynn/sets/72157624198965019/

Enjoy.

Leesa said...

Andrea-- Thanks!!

Diane-- YEP!! TOTALLY (with a ALL CAPS) fed up with the weather now-- "officially" since it's supposed to be summer today!!!

Hi Anne-- I just LOVEEEEEEE Dawn and Tom's parents! I want to adopt them ALL!!!! They're the best!!! I wish you were with us!!

Jennifer -- I know... when you feel up to it, there will be others... I totally understand....
Leese

Chrissy --- Maybe one day you'll make it over here for a picnic!

Hey Lis-- Yeh, me... too! I LOVE organizing get togethers, too!! Esp. when everyone comes and has a great time!!

Karin-- It was a pleasure having you with us and thanks for the link!!
See you soon...
Leese

Leesa said...

Thanks B!


It was great seeing you again after soooo long! Take care and hope to see you again, soon...
Hugs,
Leese