June 14, 2010

An afternoon well spent with Barbara, Carolyn and Clive

Barbara and I were fortunate enough to spend our afternoon last Friday with a lovely couple, Carolyn and Clive, who were visiting last week from Sydney, Australia.

Carol and Clive



Me, Carolyn and Barbara... with a BIG shout out to Anne in Montreal!!! Great idea, Carolyn!!!
Carolyn blogged about it HERE.


Our yummy lunch! Now... I have to say, whenever I come here for lunch, I ALWAYS know that it's going to be YUMMMMY!! In fact, it's simple and delish!


Tomato/basil omelette (that was what I ordered).


A tarte au poirot (leek) et fromage de chevre (goat cheese).

Fabulous "fait maison" desserts - home made desserts

We met in the Marais at my ALL TIME FAV place - Le Loir dans le Théière... home of the mongo meringue lemon thingy!



The cutting of the "mile high" meringue...



HOLY MOLY!!!





Then we moved on....











The Red Barn bookstore in the Marais...

TO BE CONTINUED...... Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Lisa Petrarca said...

Leesa you should post a warning "Do not look at this post if you haven't eaten!"LOL!

Looks like you had fun!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa.. OMG!! I love your new look blog .. it is amazing, and I love the header.

How great that you all got together, and at one the best teashops :-)

Yes It was so great of Carolyn to do the Shout for me .. I was so surprised. A wonderful Gesture. xox

au soleil levant said...

I love the new blog look! Those tartes look beyond amazing. Guess I'll have to learn how to make them!

Leesa said...

Lisa-- Hahahah!! Okay, so now you know! Don't come to my blog on an empty stomach!! Did you feel the earthquake???

Anne-- Thanks so much for the great feedback!! Glad you like the new "look!" Philip did such a nice job with the photos, didn't he?!

We had a wonderful day together.. Wish you were with us!!

Mira-- I think you should!!! Then, send me pics!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I also read this on an empty stomach - not a good idea:) Diane

Leesa said...

Hi Diane...

Hahahah!! Never come to my blog when you're hungry.. hahahah!!!! Have a great day!!
LOVEEEEEEEEE your flower/garden pics!!!

Karin (an alien parisienne) said...

Yum.

That's all I have to say about that! ;-)

Okay, not quite. :) I am so glad you had a lovely time with blog friends, and what a lovely place to meet. It looks like a great time was had!

Leesa said...

Hi Karin...

YEP!!! It was YUM... and FUN!!!! A great day with great friends... Next time, you'll have to join us.. if possible-- now that I "know" you...
Take care,
Leesa

Anonymous said...

Hi I am Louise, Anne in Oxfordshire's cousin in Canada. Anne is showing me the concept of blogging!! I love your blog, it looks interesting !! :-)

Leesa said...

Oh... HI LOUISE!!

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment!! Nice to meet you.... I know it's been a real treat for Anne to visit with you... I hope you become a "blogger" too!!
Hugs, Leesa

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Great day with great people. Very nice post Leese!