May 22, 2010

Eagle nest in Norfolk, Va.


Better late then never, I suppose.... I wish I had thought to post about this as soon as I knew about it... before the eaglets hatched.
I've been watching them grow since March and now they are getting ready to fledge - end of May.




I have learned so much about eagles from watching them and from reading the open discussion chat. It's just been an incredible experience. Please stop by their site and see them. It takes a few instants for the webcam to open up and you may need to have an application to view it. Just check it out...

Here's the link -WVEC.COM EAGLE CAM

There's also a blog: CCB Eagle Nest Blog that is cool to check out, as well.



8 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Just looked at the webcam, thanks so much will keep an eye on this. I have also been watching an owl cam but they are big now.
http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox
Diane

Leesa said...

Hi Diane...

Thanks for checking... Every day when I come home in the evening... I open up the webcam straight away and watch the birds for a few hours while I'm on the computer.. It's been a real joy and great experience watching them grow.. Keep watching as they expected to fledge at the end of the month.. AND they are now at the "branching" stage..
Leese

The Writing Instinct said...

Hi Leesa,

I tried to go to the link but to no avail.

I am always amazed at the tenacity of animals to survive in the wild and especially when considering how fragile and dependant humans are when first born. I will try again.

Au revoir!

Mervat.

Leesa said...

Hi Mervat,

Yes, I agree... It's all very amazing but I'm really happy that animals have the instincts they are born with - that helps with survival... Of course, they are also up against nature and man- and can often become victims of either... and not make it!
At least the eagles are up high in the trees and there are no real predators there -- and they are protected by "man!" Do try again!!

Linda said...

I remember seeing some bald eagles in Alaska. It was so exciting.

Leesa said...

Hi Linda!

I bet! They're so beautiful!

Lisa Petrarca said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing...I'll definitely check it out tomorrow.

Leesa said...

You're very welcome, Lisa! Have a great week.