April 7, 2010

Bercy Village, Paris

Last week when I went to the Eros Ramazzotti concert at Bercy, I took a side trip to Bercy Village, which is about 10 minutes walking distance from the forum, or 1 metro stop (change from the 6 to the 14 at Bercy to Cour St. Emillion.

When I stepped out of the metro, there was Starbucks staring at me, and even though I no longer "frequent" Starbucks like before, I had to stop in and have a tea, since I had a good hour and a half before the concert.. While I sat there, the sky cleared up from rainy to scattered clouds and I even got some rays of sun on my face from my comfortable spot!

Playing "tourist!"



This is a new fav shop that sells ALL sorts of DELISH olive oil and other gourmet products. Stop by and check it out...


There's a little walkway that connect Bercy Village to Bercy stadium.. It's a very cute upscale "modern" looking area.. I love the modern structures and I can only imagine how much it costs to buy or rent a place here!!



I'd LOVE to have this apt. here with it's cute little hammock swing on the balcony! Ahhh... City living!


Cute little garden in the park.






More modern apts.
LOVED these!
They look like lofts and have sooo much open window space.




More park



Dogs playing...

10 comments:

David said...

Don't tell me this is the first time you went there!?!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa, I love Bercy Village.. Barbara and I had a trip out there when I was over. We had a great time looking around the little shops and then walking in the parc..!

Susu Paris Chic said...

Your pics and bakings are yummy, my talented gal pal! I've been a huge fan of Bercy Village ever since I discovered it after having worked once at a conference at a close-by high-scale hotel.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Gorgeous pictures. The last one is the best!!

Ron said...

Hiya Leesa!

Oh, how wonderful to play tourist for the day!

Sometimes I'll do the same thing in Philly, and visit spots I've never been, just to experience something new.

LOVE the apartment building. It's so cool too see modern architecture mixed in with all the historical beauty of France.

Thanks for sharing, my friend!

Hope you're having a great day!

X

Lisa Petrarca said...

Thank you for my trip to Bercy Village, I enjoyed it immensely!

I love traveling via Blogs.

Have a great weekend Leesa.

Leesa said...

Hi Everyone--

David-- No, I had NEVER been to Bercy Village before this.. Bercy, yes.. not the little shopping area.. CUTE!

Anne --

We'll have to hit it up next time you're here!

Susa --

Thanks so much for your lovely compliments! Maybe we can meet there next time we met up..

Philip -- Thanks! I'm glad you liked the pics!

Lisa-- De rien!! I'm going back today under totally BLUE skies and warm SUN!! YAY!!!!

Nick said...

Hard to imagine that there is a Strrbucks in France. When I lived in Japan they were everywhere. I really missed the cafe culture of my home city Melbourne.

I am so happy I no longer have to buy overpriced warm coffee milkshakes

Leesa said...

Hey Nick,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment... Keep up with the French and good luck to you... I studied for about 4/5 years when I was younger.. In school.... and now that I've lived here for almost 4 years, I find my French about fluent, but the great thing is that I learn something every day... It's a great language!
I teach English here (privately) and believe it or not, I learn French from my students as I teach them English... It's pretty cool... I would recommend you watch many films and programs in French to help you get accustomed to hearing it..
It's different studying a language and then applying it when you're here!
If there's anything I can do to help you once you're here, just let me know.. I have a lot of friends all over the place... Not that I know if that will help you in finding a job..
Also, if you have any questions before you get here.. please feel free to write and ask..
Take care and have a great weekend...
Leesa
News From France

Leesa said...

Ron ---

I love the apt. buildings, too.. Oh, it would be soo nice to buy one there and have a nice view of the park... And, be able to just walk over to see a concert.. Hehehe!!! Starbucks as a neighbour, that would be funny!
Have a great weekend!
Leese