March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day-- Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!!!





I love celebrating holidays, simple! When we were kids, St. Patty's Day was fun... because we had to wear something green to school or we would get PINCHED all day long! That wasn't the fun part, but the fun part was finding the kids who WEREN'T wearing green... and pinch them!! Hehe!
I love St. Patty's Day, not because it's a religious.. but because it's fun and spirited.. I love the Irish, too! America is just chocked full of Irish-- from those who came over during the waves of European immigration, to those who are still immigrating! You Irish ROCK!! In fact, Irish (English) one of my FAV. anglophone accents... Ireland is a beautiful county... I hope to visit more of it one day and discover it's beauty.


For now, though... I'll just wish ya'll a very HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S Day and I hope it's full of GREEN.... LEPRECHAUNS.... SHAMROCKS.... RAINBOWS.... and GOLD, of course!!




5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy st Patricks day to you too1 You seem to be more Irish than me ha ha ..

Ron said...

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY Leesa!!!

What a GREAT post!

I too remember being a kid and how my family celebrated this holiday. My stepmother is half Irish, so she made sure we wore something green. I was lucky though, because my catholic school tie was GREEN!

LOVE the photos!

Is that pitcure of the green water in the canal, Chicago?

Happy Day, my friend!

X

Leesa said...

Hi Anne...


Maybe so.. you never know!!!


Ron.. Great that you had the cance to grow up with someone Irish in the fam... This is a GREAT celebration and I LOVE St. Patty's Day!!!

It's defin. a picture of Chicago.. and Brigitte confirmed with me that they DO do that every year... Super Cool, eh??
May the luck of the Irish be wit ye!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I hope you had a Happy St Patrick's day dear Leesa!

Leesa said...

Thanks Philip...

It was a quiet one this year... Hope you had fun, too!
Have a nice weekend!