January 28, 2010

JD Salinger dies at 91

I read the "Catcher in the Rye" when I was about 17 years old! My mom gave it to me to read when I went away to college! I only read it once, but I know it was a cult classic. I have sometimes thought about the book, but the only memory I have is the character on a train.. That's it... Gotta read it again, I suppose! RIP JD!!! He lived a long life.

"American novelist and short story writer J D Salinger, author of The Catcher In The Rye, died of natural causes at his home on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010. He was 91." Time

Read more HERE

*Pictures and quoted text taken from the internet.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

Can you believe I've never read this book? I should be ashamed of myself because it's a CLASSIC!

I have read "To Kill a Mockingbird" though, and that was another classic. I was also in a stage production many years ago and the play version is awesome.

Thanks for sharing, my friend!

RIP JD!

LindyLouMac said...

I read this in 1967!! Gulp it cannot have been that long ago surely.

Notes from Noël said...

We had to read this book in school. I should definitely re-read it though. What a great author.

Leesa said...

Ron...

NO WAY!!! I can't believe you haven't read it!! Well, maybe you can find a copy and read it!!! I don't even remember what it's about. I should read it again!!

Hi LindylouMac-- WOW!!! That's crazy!!! I read it in '83 and I can't believe it was THAT long ago, too!!!

Hi Noelle --- I am with you!! I should reread it again, too!!