January 14, 2010

How to help Haiti


Everything and anything will help at this point... Helping gives us a sense of hope and unity, even when we are not there physically to provide support. I know that Haiti really needs our help, NOW more than ever before. Natural disasters of this magnitude bring strife and suffering to people, but it can also serve to unite them and make them stronger. I cannot imagine at any level what the people of Haiti are suffering which such a level of loss of friends, family and loved ones- their homes, their city, their everything. Please put yourselves in their places for a few moments, just to imagine what you would be feeling if you were there, one of them... and losing everything in just a moment' time. I can't really imagine that, I've never gone through something that horrible. But, seeing the pictures on tv and blogs makes me terribly sad and puts a whole in my heart...
I want to help, as you all want to help... but we might not know who to give our money to... because we want it to go to the people, and to insure it gets to where it needs to go.. and isn't put into someone's pocket or spent on something else.
Pedro, from Pedro's Island posted something incredible about Haiti and it's people in this disaster time and if you go to his website HERE, you will find a variety of organizations to donate money to for help... Here is the post in French... HERE
I implore you, to find it in your hearts, to offer help in any way you can.. whether it's by giving money, praying, contacting people you know who can help, going there and helping.. whatever it takes... We can all help and ease the pain/suffering if we work together!

7 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Delighted to have discovered your Blog, thanks for visiting mine.

Ron said...

Bonjour Leesa!

Thank you so much for sharing this information.

You're an angel, my friend.

BTW, I LOVE your new header.

It looks so great against the blue background of your blog!

X

Vagabonde said...

The disaster is enormous. I feel kind of guilty being here next to my computer when so many people don’t have water to drink, are injured or children are without parents, scared and hungry. I already gave to Doctors without Borders and wish I was a millionaire so I could give so much more. I hope all the governments will help with heavy machinery and will follow up because it will take a long time for that country to recover – and people forget so easily.

Leesa said...

Hi LindyLouMac,

Welcome and thanks so much for stopping by! It's nice to see someone in another country with the same title.. hehe!! Stop by anytime!! Leesa


Hi Ron--

Thanks Ron..

It was really Pedro who wrote the post and got all the info/contact stuff together.. So, credit to him.. I just linked it to his post..
But, I really believe that if we all do a little to help, then a little goes a long way. And it is so needed at this time!

Hi Vagabonde-- Yes, I know what you mean. We feel so helpless but whatever we can do is going to help out.. So, I wish that everyone could give just a little.. I think people are... and people are so saddened by this awful disaster....
Take care and thanks for your efforts to help. They are definitely appreciated!
Leesa

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa,

You are so right to talk about Hait's disaster.
I have taken the time today to give something, because it's not possible to turn one's back.

I say stick with the organizations that are reliable- like with the list. A good standard is la Croix rouge/ Red cross.

Hugs XXX

Pedro F. Báez said...

entries on Pedro's Island so that people may contribute and donate to the plight of the Haitian people in this hour of need. I have had A LOT of traffic from you blog which speaks volumes of how much people love you and follow your blog and all I can hope for is that contributions were made and that we will continue to work in whatever capacity we are able to help the people of this must unfortunate and beautiful island nation. THANK YOU to ALL the readers and followers that so diligently came to my blog in search of a way to help and show their humanity and their kindness. I appreciate it very much and Leesa, I love you, babe!!! God bless!

Leesa said...

Barbara---

Great and thanks so much... Every bit helps and they really need our help!!


Pedro -- Muchas Gracias, mi amigo!!! I'm glad that my post pulled in a lot of traffic to your blog-- tant mieux!! Thanks for your kind words.. I'm only doing what any caring and loving human being would do...
All my best to you!! Leesa


Thanks to everyone here who visited Pedro's blog and thanks for helping out in whatever way you can... It's so important!