December 5, 2009

Sushi in Antony....

Is becoming a new weekly "Friday" tradition for us... It compares with the delicious sushi resto- Sushi House of Taka in Sherman Oaks - and the fish here is super fresh and great quality. Alex and I both love this place...
The Sushi Shop is a "chain" of sushi restos in France... it's not really "Japanese" in terms of a "real" Japanese sushi resto/bar.... but I do have to say that it has a varied many with PLENTY of choices... they use fresh fish that tastes really good... and they don't serve brochettes, like a lot of sushi restos in Paris that are run by Chinese or Vietnamese owners... Not saying that that is necessarily a "bad" thing... But, when I want Japanese food, I go for sushi... and try to get as close to it as possible, outside of going to Japan... This resto is more of fushion food, and while it's pretty to look at, I'm sure it's one of the trendy things to attract more clients.. BUT, it's YUMMMY... hands down..
Now, if I can only find some tempura and teriyaki dishes...
The Sushi Shop in Antony:

Sushishop Antony

www.sushishop.fr

12 Rue Auguste Mounie
92160 Antony, France

In Sherman Oaks:
Sushi House of Taka
4627 Van Nuys Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-2916
(818) 784-8777

8 comments:

David said...

"Now, if I can only find some tempura and teriyaki dishes..."

I have a few addresses if you want... Basically any real Japanese restaurant in town... ;)

Leesa said...

Sure David,

I'd be happy to have your recommendation for good sushi restos in Paris... Just because they're "real" Japanese, though.. doesn't necessary mean they're all good-- unless you have, of course, tried them all and give them the big, TWO THUMBS UP!!!
Thanks... Leesa

David said...

I meant that if you want tempura and/or teriyaki, pretty much any real Japanese restaurant in town has some, depending of what you want exactly, and regardless of whether they're good or not (but they tend to be good, the Japanese take their food even more seriously than the French if it was possible).

Now, those I can advise are of course those I personally know and/or know to be good...

Leesa said...

Oh okay... When you said, "I have a few addresses, if you want," I took that as you had some good ones that you wanted to tell me about!!! I am sure Japanese are serious about their food.. They are very meticulous.

David said...

Sorry, I was unclear...
I'm no big fan of tempura and I eat teriyaki at home whenever I want. ;)
But I know where you can find some in Paris (in some of the restaurants on rue Ste Anne that is).

Concerning Sushi restaurants, yeah, I won't give out addresses without trying them myself first, and of course I'll advise Hotaru first (which is not technically a Sushi restaurants, there are many other dishes, but sushi is why you'd go there, other dishes can be found for cheaper in other places).

So: Hotaru, 18 rue Rodier, 75009 :)

Leesa said...

Thanks for clarifying D...

I am not a huge fan of tempura b/c it's deep fried and all and I don't really like deep friend too much.. Just every once in a blue moon... if it's good, too!

Thanks for the address... I'll defin. check it out sometime...

Have a nice day....

SushiTail said...

Whether it's Japanese, Mexican or French, I usually choose a restanrant where the natives hang out. This approach has always worked for me. You cannot go wrong with the natives' choice.

Leesa said...

Hi SushiTail -- I would generally go by that, too.. or at least, local people from the neighbourhood- works for me, as well...
But, here in my town, I have not run into many Japanese folk, there may be more up in Paris, that's for sure.. but not many in my neighbourhood...
I think I go by taste, too... No matter WHO goes to the resto... If the place is clean, the food is good and the service is good and also friendly... it will keep me going back, regardless of who the other customers are...
Thanks for stopping by... Have a nice Sunday!
Leesa