October 12, 2009

Carmalized figs



I bought about 6 or 7 fresh figs at the marché last Thursday and was trying to think of what I could do with them rather than to eat them raw... Here was my solution!

First I made a sliver in the top and placed a small, thin strip of lemon skin inside each fig. Next, I placed them in a saucepan and cooked them in about 1/2 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, a swig of rhum and voilà - YUMMY figs! Good to eat when WARM!!!!

* Boil for about 10 minutes and then reduce heat and simmer for about 12- 15 minutes longer or until the liquid has thickened.



7 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa..such a yummy recipe!! Love your photos too, they look tasty, and a great autumn dessert! hugs anne

Leesa said...

Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for your comment! YUMMMM is right! I'm glad you like the photos!
Hugs to you, Leese

La Belette Rouge said...

I absolutely adore figs and that looks so delicious I am tempted to lick my monitor. I won't, but I am tempted.;-)
xoxo

Bianca said...

Gorgeous photos! I love figs, but didn't see any at all around here this past season. Guess I'll have to wait til next year...

Leesa said...

Hey there LBR...

Hehe.... I wish I could send some to you in the mail... I would, if I could!! Take care and thanks for stopping over to say hello!!! Take care, Leese

Hey Bianca... Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you stopped by to check it out and that you liked it! Next season.... Take care and hope to see you again sometime! Ciao, Leese

le banc moussu said...

figs and rhum that looks gorgeous. I bring some ice.
Christian

Leesa said...

Thanks Christian. Hot out of the oven today.... muffins aux cerises, du noix de coco rappé, des morceaux de pepites aux choc. blanc et des noix...
Yummmmm... No ice, just an appetit!