September 16, 2009

Devoted Duo



Like they did everything else through 34 years of marriage, Patrick Swayze and wife Lisa Niemi battled his struggle with pancreatic cancer the only way they knew how: side by side. "I would be happy if he's around for a long time, and I am being whatever I need to be to help him do that," she told PEOPLE in April. But after a Stage IV diagnosis in February 2008, the risk-taking actor – who told Barbara Walters he had lived "159 lives" – finally died on Sept. 14, 2009 at the age of 57.

From People Magazine... For more, click HERE.

2 comments:

jadejohn said...

This is a terrible loss, for his wife-first, then for his extended family and friends, then for Hollywood. He was a great actor and now cancer took his life. Well, life is short and the unexpected does happen!

Leesa said...

Hi Jadejohn,

Yes, I agree with you... It makes me so sad to think of all the "good ones" we lose to cancer... It's a crying shame.... I feel for his wife and family... I can feel what they are going through as my mom died a few years ago from cancer.. It rips your heart out, and changes you!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting... I like your website... Do you mind if I feature you on my blog sometime with a link to your page?? I'm a travel buy myself... Take care, Leesa