September 18, 2009

BLOG REVIEW SCAM ALERT --BEWARE!

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received this email:
Hello,
I'm Joy from SeoBlogReviews.com.
I would like to know if by any chance you would be interested in getting paid to publish reviews of products and websites on your bloghttp://islandgirl4ever2.blogspot.com/.
If you are interested please let us know the amount of money you want in order to publish a review by clicking the following link:  http://blog.seoblogreviews.com/default/index/89af62059cec8366d7ceb68fcfd20b33
As soon as you do that we'll start sending you paid review proposals from our customers.
Thanks,
The SeoBlogReviews.com Team

I had been reading about this type of blog scam recently on someone else's blog so I was already suspicious... I also looked up this company on GOOGLE with the word "scam" and found this blog post HERE.

5 comments:

Notes from Noël said...

Thanks for alerting me to this scam! Trust no one! :-)

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Lemme guess...this involves "Joy" first asking for your bank info, so she can "deposit" your pay. Yeahhhhh...riiiiiight...........

Leesa said...

Noelle--- De nada.. YUP!!! Trust no one, I tell ya!


Debi-- No, just your Paypal ID which is just an email address and no other info... I was just reading about this thing and the people on the other blogger's comments all wrote the same thing, that they never got paid... SCAM!!!!

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

I've heard of this happening on SEVERAL paid review websites.

There was a time when I actually considered writing paid reviews, but always felt there was something "not ethical" about them. Glad I never went throught with it. I get several emails a month asking me to write them on my other blog. No way.

Thanks for the alert, Leesa!

xoxoxoxo

Mom said...

I just got my own email today. The link sent me to an app page with no way to go anywhere else. That's when I decided to do a bit of digging.

After reading this post, along with a few others, I've determined that I would prefer to avoid this 'company.'

I did manage to find their home page, though it took some time. The page is so poorly written. Whomever the owner is, their grammar is awful.