July 21, 2009

Before and after....



Since Philip was nice enough to notice, I am going public with my thoughts.  I never really talk about my weight gain outright, except with a few very close friends (you guys know who you are).  

When I lived in the States, I was always very athletic and health conscious! After suffering some bouts with depression, sickness, and winter (not going outside), I have put on a lot of weight- weight that I never thought I'd have on my body... and also suffered from some sadness as a result.  I have been back for three weeks now and finally feel like I am making some real headway.

I think that since I have been here I have been making a conscious effort to eat better (no baking) and to exercise more... I have lost some here and there but still have a ways to go!

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Leesa,

I think that all of us who move to France succomb to the great food !
Don't worry; you have already taken up at the gym since living in France which I know that is very important for you.

Enjoy your exercise & yoga classes !
XXX

Leesa said...

Thanks Barbara!!!!

Susu said...

Hi dear Leesa!

I'm all with you and I understand - as surprising as it may seem - what you are going through. Keep making those small changes, and you'll feel better and better... and it'll just glide smoother and smoother. You're feeling positive - and that is the first good factor!

debi_in_Hawaii said...

You don't look like you gained any weight to me.

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

I don't know, but the photos I've always seen of you on your blog, you always look PERFECT.

You're beautiful, dear friend!

Sounds like you're having a great time in Cali - you go, girl!

X

PRETTY IN PARIS said...

Go for it babe, you saw I did. I'm not Brooke or Kate but feel much more human since I dished the added lbs!
I'm on your side, vive la rentrée!
Love ya