May 13, 2009

QUEEN OF TARTS, DUBLIN

Molly Malone isn't the only "Queen of Tarts" in Dublin! Move over, Molly because here is a LOVELY Salon de Thé in Temple Bar that I just LOVED!!! The inside decor is cozy and sweet, and the baked goods are mouth-watering!

Linda and I went in for breakfast on Monday morning and we were not disappointed in the least. Try the delicious scones with cream and jam, and take some home if you'd like! They're best when fresh, so eat them up quickly!!! The staff was very sweet and gracious and we had fun talking to the lovely girls who worked there!! Please stop in and visit The Queen of Tarts when you are in Dublin!!



Inside the Queen of Tarts



Here's Linda striking a pose!!!
Some interior deco




Here's our DELISH-OUS breakfast- mine was a raspberry scone with cream and jam and Linda had a plum tart! The coffee was great, too!!





Out of this world baked goods....





The possibilites are ENDLESS, I must go back again!






8 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Wow Leesa, Cream Scones for breakfast..and plum tart OMG...the cafe looks so delightful, love the decor and the decorations...

The cakes are amazing, and the little cupcakes too!! :-)

Pleased you had a brilliant time..I am still doing my Paris photos...don't forget to send me some will you :-) Thanks..

Penny said...

Ah, I love a good scone! Glad you had a fun time - I love Dublin too. :)

Cheryl said...

Ooo! That is one good looking scone. Too much selection though! I'd have to go with a group of friends so we could all try each other's selections.

gidget said...

Hey there!
I'm soooo glad you enjoyed the Queen of Tarts and the staff too ;)
It's Bridget, one of your waitresses.
I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed talking to you and Linda. You both seem like such wonderful people and you really put a smile on my face that day!
I hope you'll come back to the cafe if you're ever back in Dublin!

Leesa said...

Anne, Penny, Cheryl -- Thanks gals! We had a blast! Those scones were out of this world!! I can't wait to go back to try some other goodies!!

Hi Bridget! Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment! It was great meeting you, too!! Glad we made you smile... Hope you come to Paris sometime! If so, please call and we can get together!
I will certainly come back next time with my hubby!
Say hi to Barbie (Barbara)...
Take care,
Leesa

wcs said...

Lovin' the pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

Keith said...

Great photos. The food looks incredibly delicious. Yummy!

ClarityDefinesYou said...

wonderful pictures and a lovely blog indeed :)