December 4, 2008

Sick in the head!


It's just a head cold... which I knew... I really like my doctor... He's kinda cute, in a way... Maybe a a few years younger than me.  It's nice that we have a good rapport... My primary care doc. in San Diego... was just kinda "there."  To see you, listen a little and see you on your way.  Kaiser, that's what one can expect from your PCD.  ALL my other doctors at Kaiser were STELLAR, though... I do have to say... I think I always ended up with the best doc. for every different field.  
Anyhow, I digree....... where was I?! Oh yea.. So after going through my symptoms with my doc, I sat then sat on the table to have him take my vitals... He even did a throat culture right there and incubated it and it was done in just a few minutes! I didn't even know that it could be done that way... I'm used to the good 'ol petry dish, you know!  Anyhow, it's NOT strep... which is good!  Funny how my doc was sooo excited to ask me if I was happy that Obama won the election!  Hehe... Oh OF COURSE, I told him and we talked a little bit 'o politics!! Sweet!
Verdict, er.. diagnosis.... ?!
 Just a common cold virus which you have to wait out... I got some stuff for the symptoms of a runny nose, sore throat, and pain reliever... At the pharmacie... I asked what meds were for what.. and of the 3 meds, I only needed one-- it was for my runny nose.  Ibuprophen.. I have a ton of already.  And for the sore thoart, I had bought just about the same stuff yesterday there at the pharmacie, so I was was good.  Now, the nose stuff... a whopping 2 euro something... CHEAP!!  However, when I got home, I went to the medicine cabinet and saw that I already had a bottle of the exact same medicine.... Oh well... I have extra now!!!  I'll have to make a note of that for next time!!  I hope I get better soon!!
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR WELL WISHES!! And to Susa and Diane... FELL BETTER SOON, TOO!!!!

8 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

OH NO!!!
I hope you feel better soon!!!
I have Kaiser, and I'm happy with it. I'm VERY lucky that I work for a local company that pays for mine-I don't have to pay ONE CENT for it. That's why any time they ask me to work an extra day/stay longer/work another store, I'm happy to do it. :)

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

Just catching up on your sickness!

God...I HATE being sick. Even just a simple cold can slow you down and make you feel so ICKY!

THANK GOD, I don't get sick often. But about three years ago I got hit with a MAJOR flu. OMG... my HAIR even hurt!!! It took me WEEKS to feel normal again. I had to miss work (which I NEVER do), but I couldn't even move.

So glad to hear that your on the mend, deal lady!

Gosh...being sick really makes you appreciate when your well, doesn't it?

Hey...and I LOVE the photo you used on this post!

It's SOOOOO CUTE!

I want those slippers.

Be well, my friend!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
and
{{{{{{{HEALING}}}}}}}

Phivos Nicolaides said...

GET BETTER SOON LEESA. We need you strong dear friend. All the best wishes from Cyprus. Hugs, Philip

Starman said...

Sorry to see you're not feeling well. I hope it clears up quickly.

naturelle said...

let's compare our virus...
I'm sick too... my nose started running yesterday and my eyes were itching. I have a type of virus that does just that (your nose runs all the time). I know it because the person I got it from got the exact same symptoms ... argh!

Just keep yourself warm, stay in bed as much as you can... Wear many layers of clothes and drink lots and lots of warm liquids. Sleep as much as you can (your body makes antibodies to fight disease while you sleep.. :) )

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
I'm glad that you got treated !I hope that you are feeling better today. Do what it takes for your health.

Bises

Susan in Lille said...

Hope you are feeling better!! You need to get well to make whatever amazing Christmas cupcakes you have planned!

Hugs - Susan

Rochelle said...

Feel better! Try not to do too many things while you feel this way! Just relax!