December 27, 2008

Marché de Noël à Strasbourg 2008




 Alex sneaks into the picture....






There are many marché de noël's in the city center of Strasbourg. They are quite different from the ones I experienced in Paris, though you could still find some of the same "types" of Christmas/holiday trinkets. The ones in Strasbourg focus more on things you typically find in the region of Alsace along with traditional food of the region. I can definitely say that if I had to choose between the two places to visit at Christmas time, I would DEFINITELY choose Strasbourg over Paris- as it felt much more festive and also, I just adore this cute and charming town.

6 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Such great photos, I think I will have to go there, especially with your recommendation.:-)

Starman said...

Thank you for the great pictures!

Crazy Tourists said...

Wow!! Amazing photos!!
Bonne Année!!

Leesa said...

Anne/Starman/Crazy Tourists..

Thanks for the compliments.... I highly recommend all to visit!!
Happy New Year!

Marie said...

Thank you Leesa, I forgot how beautiful Strasbourg was at this time of the year. I think that they have the most beautiful and authentic Marche de Noel !

Anonymous said...

We don't have ANYTHING that cool in San Diego. If I can rob a bank in 2009, I'll be there with you next Chistmas!