December 29, 2008

Bretzls GALORE!

     A familiar sight in Strasbourg is the Bretzl... I think Strasbourg should be named, "Home of the Bretzl," though I'm not quite clear at this point if pretzls are Alsacian or German... or maybe BOTH! I'm going to Google it when I'm done writing this! It reminds me somehow of the way I saw bagels ALL over Krakovie (Krakow) when I was in Poland. Alex mentioned something about a bredzl sandwich being yummy! More to explore. Oddly, I didn't see much choucroute around. I think this would be a PERFECT comfort food in the winter time! Choucroute = sourkraut.  If you'd like to learn a little more check out Food Lorist's post with the recipe.









6 comments:

Starman said...

Pretzels are originaly from Germany, I think.

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

I don't know whether I've ever told you this before, but Pretzels are something I would live off of for the rest of my life, if I could!

OMG...these photos make me want to RUB the pretzels all over my body and SCREAM!!!

Here in the city we have a place called Philly Pretzel Company and the pretzel braids are my FAVS!!! In the summer I like to eat one with an Italian lemon water ice from Rita's!!!

It's to DIE FOR!!

These photos are HEAVENLY!!!

Leesa said...

Starman-- I think you are right!


Ron--- I had no idea! I don't think they are that diff. to make... Glad you can have your fix in Philly!!!

shannon said...

Mmm!! I adore bretzels! I just bought one while I was at the German Christmas market in Edinburgh. It was so yummy!!

Notre Vie Juteuse said...

I'm with Ron...I love pretzels with mustard, lots of mustard. I miss them now. Just got back from an hour run, would be a good fuel right now.

Penny said...

Hi Leesa

I've really enjoyed all your posts about Strasbourg and would love to go there one day. I'll keep that hotel in mind. Dont forget if you and Alex need another weekend away some time, Annecy is lovely!

Happy New Year

Penny :)