October 12, 2008

We're goin' to Strasbourg!!!




I'm sooo excited! My dear friend, Lindsey (from San Diego), is coming to visit us for a week during the vacances scolaires and I've booked us the tickets to Strasbourg via the TGV... GREAT!! I've not yet been on the TGV so it's a new experience for me!!! I've always wanted to visit Strasbourg, too... If anyone knows of a good hotel or things to do there... Please let me know.. We're only staying for one night/two full days... but I think it's enough to get a taste of the town.


Note: Pictures taken of the net... They're not mine!

7 comments:

David said...

Eat Choucroute... Wait, it's not the season...
Drink beer... Mmmmm.... Maybe not Alsacian beer, it kinda sucks...
Mmmm...
What can one do in Strasbourg in the Fall???

(you still have the city itself that is just amazing though)

Barbara said...

Hey Leesa,
That's going to be nice for you to see your friend & take this little trip to Strasbourg.
I have never been there ( Didier has though).

Now that the TGV Est is here, we are going to have to go one of theseyears to experience the "Marché de Noël ". But, probabaly not this year.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa..thats another place I have never been. Great that you get to go with a friend :-)

Have a great time..I haven't been on TGV either... maybe one day!

Andromeda said...

There's a really good flammenkuche restaurant called Flam's on rue Frères, across the street from a big beer store. I loved walking to the top of the cathedral, an amazing view! Have fun!!

shannon said...

Ooh! That'll be fun!! I've never been there either, but I'm hoping to head out there this year for the Christmas markets. My friend lives near there.

shannon said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that TGV is the best way to travel. It's so fast and smooth! I love it!

Rochelle said...

Yep, try Alsatian food! Very good. And the cathedral is beautiful. There's also the museum which apparently Napoleon lived in at some point...