September 24, 2008

Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche recipe!

For those of you who like to cook/bake... and for those who like to EAT!!!! The quiche turned out really YUMMY (of course) and we ate it with a wonderful salad- just plain lettuce and Alex's prize vigarette... The only thing... if you use this recipe... add salt... There's really no way for me to judge how seasoned a quiche is before I take my first bite- No, I'm not a fan of tasting soup egg batter... So, even though I added what I though was "enough" salt and pepper, it didn't turn out being esp. seasoned.. So, if you like things a little on the seasoned side, add maybe a tsp. of salt.. You can also always put it ON the quiche when it's done, that's what I ended up doing... I'm not a salty person, but a sweet one... So, the lack of salt in a recipe doesn't really bother me at all... Just letting you all know for your own reference... I also added onions- I browned them in olive oil WITH the mushrooms, and then I added the brocolli to the mixture (I steamed the brocolli first). Then... I placed the uncooked tomatoes onto the quiche batter when everything else was complete... and baked it all up!! YUMMMM... I bought the cheddar at our local Monoprix! They have been carrying it lately... Which means I don't have to take a trip up to Paris to buy cheese....
Here's the recipe but the way if anyone would like to have quiche for lunch or dinner sometime... I highly recommend this recipe... click here for the recipe!

5 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Yummmm! Now I want cheese!! Must...have....cheese...

Andromeda said...

I love when you share recipes! I just wish I had an oven to try them all in, lol. Can one microwave a quiche?

Leah said...

That looks yummy(as I'm waiting for my own lunch over here)...if only they would bring the cheddar back to my local Carrefour market. Sigh...

Leesa said...

Deb---And CHEDDAR is my FAV!!!!! That, and Camenbert!!!
I like really sharp cheese!!

Hi Andromeda... Thanks... I love to share the ones that I try out myself first and then I KNOW they are good... Check to see if your microwave oven has an "oven" option where you can bake something... I don't know if this is called a grill or whatever.. But, otherwise, I don't know about "baking" the quiche IN the microw. But, you can for sure heat one up in a microw. Next time you come to Paris... I will bake you something... PROMISE!!! Whether it's a quiche, dulche de leche brownies... or cupcakes... Just let me know... I'm good on my word! : )

Hi Leah-- Thanks for visiting... I see you on other blogs but I don't know if we have ever met on my blog before ... So, welcome!! Maybe the took it way from your Carrefour because they brought the supply over to my Monoprix... OOPS!! They JUST started carrying it pretty regularly here in Antony... I'd have to go up to Paris to buy it before that... Ask someone in the cheese dept at the Carrefour... Sometimes they can order it.... Just a thought!
Ciao, Leesa

Leah said...

Well, I know they have it at a couple of the grandes surfaces, but the Carrefour Market is right by my apt, so I was just spoiled and lazy, I guess! Yep, I'm around in blogworld. You left me a comment once, but I forgot to add you to bloglines until just recently. So, thanks for the welcome!