August 27, 2008

Rest in Peace....

Today was a hard day.... I learned of 3 deaths.  One was my friend Pam's mom, who passed away unexpectedly on Monday night.  Then, my dear friend who is like a sister to me, wrote to tell me her mom passed away while they were on a family vacation in San Diego this summer.  The family is like my second family, so I am really feeling this deeply.  I especially feel for Pam and Fatma because it's their mom, and I lost my beloved mom almost 3 years ago, and it's still hard for me to be without her.  

And, just a few moments ago, I received an email from my friend in San Diego, telling me that our friend Vincenzo, owner of a wonderful Italian resto "VINCENZO'S,"  in Little Italy just passed away last night.  Gosh... I know how sad it is when someone you love passes away, but Heaven must really be rocking out right now!  My heart weeps and goes out to my friends and their families at this time... It's really a hard time to get through... I don't know if people really like to talk about it openly, I know it really helped me to talk about my mom's death... but, it seems to take soooo long to get through losing a loved one or someone close... even for me, and I have a really strong faith in God.  It helps me get through it, but it doesn't take away the grief or the pain.  


13 comments:

Brno girl said...

Leesa,
that is so sad to hear...!Take care!!! Sometimes it is so hard to accept things that cannot be changed...
Linda

Justin said...

Sorry to hear about all of that. Take care of yourself.

Samantha said...

Oh wow, bad news really does come in threes. Sending *hugs* your way.

Leesa said...

Thanks Linda,

It's not that it's hard to accept because it cannot be changed, it's hard to accept because it's hard to lose someone you love, esp. a family member...

Leesa said...

Thanks Justin...

I will... I have to, I almost got hit TWICE today while crossing the street- all within 5 minutes and just across the street from the gym!! You guys were almost minues a friend named Leesa and cyberspace was almost minus an Expat blogger!! No joke!!!

Sam,

I know, I was thinking that, too when I found about about the third one! YIKEES... You know, two or three days ago, I dreamt that all of my teeth fell out one by one, like dominos.. I told Dawn about it and I told her it means the death of someone close... That's spooky.. I was just kind of waiting to hear something I dreaded these past few days, and here it all is... today!

Carolyn said...

Sending sympathy over these 3 deaths, Leesa (and for your mother's death 3 years ago). That's a lot all at once.

I was widowed in 2003 so understand what you say about talking (or not) - it's something we never get over.

I recently found your blog and enjoy reading about your Paris and French adventures. Your photos re great.

Cheers from Down Under.

Leesa said...

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you sincerely for your sympathy wishes.. I am sorry to hear that you lost your husband (around the same time I lost my mom). It's sooo very hard to lose a loved one, my sympathies to you, too... It's true, we never do get over losing someone.

I welcome you to my blog and thank you for your compliments... Please feel free to stop back again and visit anytime...
Where in NSW are you? Are you near Sydney? My feeder says Balgowah, but I have no idea where that is... I LOVE Australia and traveled all over back in 85.. I was in Manly for 3 weeks, in fact.. Take good care, Leesa

L'Étrangère Americaine said...

Leesa, so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friends' families.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Hi Leesa,

Sorry to hear your bad news. Let me know if I can do anything.

Bisous

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa, sorry to read all about your sad news. You are in my prayers..sending hugs your way.

Le Tigre in France said...

Hi Leesa, I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible news..as Sam said, bad news really does come in threes. I'm really sorry to hear this.

Carolyn said...

G'day again Leesa - we're in Sydney about 2 minutes from Manly Beach (well, 10 if walking). Glad you liked it :) !