June 12, 2008

Sweet 16!








Alex and I were invited to my student's sister's 16th B-day on Saturday. This was a true family affair. We were the only non-family members, I think. It was such a great time and Alex and I both remarked how everyone there made it a point to come up to us and introduce themselves. We had many a conversation- and very interesting ones at that. The food was spectacular and it was my first time eating some of the dishes... though not my first time eating Vietnamese food. Not many of you know this... but my sister-in-law is Vietnamese... And one thing both my husband and I noticed at the party and at my brother/sis-in-law's wedding is that the Vietnamese are very close-knit when it comes to family and they are a big, extended family. It's so great to see and such a huge difference from most American families, which are nuclear and spread apart through the miles... Anyhow, it was just a pleasure to have been a part of the event...

5 comments:

Le Tigre in France said...

what a cute kid! and the cake and food looks delicious!

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
That was a nice party . I think that you must be very close to your student, seeing that it was just family around.
The food looked delish :)

You have a great day
xo

joy suzanne said...

My oh my they are a GORGEOUS family!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

It all looks great..the food, the family and those gorgeous little flowere shoes:-)

Emily said...

What fun! I've been craving Asian food recently. We don't have a great selection of Asian restaurants in my area. I can't wait to go home and have some Vietnamese. Yum. :)