March 31, 2008

April Fool's Day- Poisson d'avril


"GET THAT FISH OFF MY BACK!" In France, on April Fool's Day, (not Jour du Bouffon but rather "Poisson d'avril), you may be weary of someone trying to put a fish on your back as a joke... but now there is a new campaign to save a fish named Marcel who was kidnapped from his fishbowl. I watched the video... it was very mysterious.... but Marcel also has a Myspace page... I think Poisson d'avril has the same tradition as over the pond where we pull pranks/play jokes on people we know, all in fun, mind you... When I was a kid, the favorite prank was to go up to all of your friends at school and point to their feet and say innocently, "Oh... you're socks untied." And if the person looked down at their feet to check ... you would utter, "GOTCHA!! April Fool's Day." Does anyone rememember any pranks they pulled as kids on AFD? I don't know if my fellow bloggers from Australia observe this same tradition but I would love to hear from you all!
Happy April Fool's Day!!!

P.S. If you are looking for some good 'ol wholesome fun then check out this website Familyfungo.com

No comments: