March 29, 2008

Saturday at Starbucks...


A few posts back, I mentioned my fav. Starbucks in Montparnasse. Here's my second fav. at Belle Epine. It's our Sat. a.m. routine to hit up the 'Bucks for breakfast. It's funny because Starbucks normally expensive in the U.S. but but it's even more expensive here- because things are just more expensive here, en general! PLUS that 19,6 TVA!! Our modest breakfast was a whoopin' 15 euro 23! It would have been about $13 and some back in Cali. It's okay... I don't go as frequently as I did back in San Diego so it evens out. I really miss Peets cafe', a Seattle chain of coffee houses that made it's way down to So. Cal. Cal not too many years ago. I would also like to mention since I got a comment on the last SB's post from The Big Finn(who spoke about the popularity of Starbucks in Basel, Suisse)- Starbucks is VERY popular in the 75th dept. as well as it's surrounding areas. Starbucks has only one store so far outside the Ile de France, and that is in Lyon. Whenever I go to a Starbucks in Paris it's always blinde' de monde- and with mostly French folks! I think Starbucks will be a hit wherever it goes, even though it has been losing money in the U.S. (probably 'cuz they have a cafe' on practically ever city block- but one thing is that you know for sure is that it is constant and stable from one Starbucks to the next one! I like it for it's friendly customer service, soy milk, and non-smoking atmosphere (though now every cafe' in France is non-smoking on the interior). Believe it or not, it wasn't my cafe' of choice back home - Peets was my numero uno!

1 comment:

La Page Française said...

Starbucks was never my first choice either, like you I always preferred Peets. And the Coffee Bean too (don't know if that made it down to SD). I love their ice blended mochas..oh yum