February 1, 2008

Update!











Pictures taken from the internet!


Hello all... The weather has been soooo dreary here that I haven't been motivated to take pictures!! But I do have news to remember... I have been going to the Kine' for finger re-education and my finger bends a lot more now than before, though STILL painful. The report from my finger x-ray this week stated that my finger looks normal on an x-ray, thus no finger infection. I had 3 black spots removed this past Monday and I went into Paris to "hand-deliver" them rather than sending them through the regular "mail" (which seems like a very strange routine procedure here in France). I had 2 stitches on each one- BTW, they were all "atypical"- the suspicious looking type so that is why my dermatologist removed them. I can't workout in the meantime 'cuz she said I can't sweat... There goes two weeks of my work out routine.. just as I was getting back to the gym!! So, on Feb. 11 I will find out the results of the biopsy so PLEASE pray for me and send good energy my way! I don't want to be diagnosed with Melanoma!! Also, I recently got back in touch from a very dear friend who I met and stayed with when I was in Australia (Sydney) back in '85. She's French but also Australian and now lives in ZH and works in Poland. So, I get to go see her in Warsaw at the end of Feb. and it's sooo exciting cuz we haven't seen each other since 1987 and haven't spoken since 1992! Alex and I bought our ticket for our trip to the U.S. YAYYYYY!!! I can't wait... So, I have a lot of good things and a few not-so-good things! But no good pix as of late since I haven't been taking pics.. Soon.. Have a wonderful WE everyone!! Bizzzz, Leesa

7 comments:

Penny said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed they are all normal

:)

Le Tigre said...

argh, how nerve wracking. I'm sure they are fine but I will be crossing my fingers and sending the good vibes you're way. xx

joy suzanne said...

Good luck, Leesa. I hope everything comes back ok.

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
I missed this post !
I'am sending you my postive thoughts for those "black spots"
It was a cautious thing to that test.
How is your finger?
You keep positive and stay healthy. You have so many wonderful things to look forward to in 2008
XO

Emily said...

Thinking good thoughts for you. Hope all goes okay with the finger.

The Late Bloomer said...

I just read about your biopsy and I wanted to stop by and tell you my thoughts are with you -- I do hope that you get back good news and that all goes well! I'm sure it's very nerve-wracking to have to wait, but it's good that you're taking care of this. Hang in there and take good care of yourself in the meantime! We are all sending positive vibes your way.

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Dear Penny, Le Tigre, Barbara, Joy Suzanne, Emily, and Late Bloomer...
Thanks sooo much to you all for your support and positive energy... I am taking my friend, Dawn, with me for support... Hubby has to work... I go for a mammogram the same day, too..
I think it's the waiting that is the hardest right now... I think I am really scared of CANCER, as my mom passed away 2 years ago from breast cancer, and my cousin has had melanoma for the past 7 years.. and I also have a close friend who was just diagnosed with basal cell cancer... I have had sooo much sun exposure and damage in my life, that the possibility of skin cancer is a very real one to me...
The finger is still hurting... it hurts when I bend it, but I can bend it much more than before I started going to the kine' and it is a lot stronger, too... Thanks again and I will update you on Monday afternoon... Take care!! Leesa