November 12, 2007

OUCH!!!! And Thank God for good health care!!!


























This is what I did to MYSELF... while baking magic bars on Friday at 1 am!!! I was scraping out the last bit of condensed milk from the can... and cut myself on the lid... which was hanging off the can!! We waited to see how bad the cut was... and decided after taking off the compress, that it was deep enough to merit a trip to Urgent Care... so at around 2 a.m. on
Friday.. or VERY EARLY on Saturday morning, rather... I was being stitched up by a very nice French doctor who spoke English... and who knew San Diego and California pretty well!! He did a nice job and it only cost us 24 euros.. Soc. security picked up the 84 euros up front.. and the Mutual (Alex's health insurance) will reimburse the rest! The bandages and stuff to clean the wound cost about 40 euros but this is also reimbursable. Needless to say, I won't be leaving the lid on the can once I open up a can!!!! Oh... I forgot to mention that I had to get a tetnus shot, too.. which actually hurts MORE than the finger!! Go figure!!!!

4 comments:

Melbourne to Metz said...

Ouch! You poor thing! :( See, baking IS deadly!
So we should organise a blogger's dinner from our circle, what about December or Jan? Think that would work?
I also need to get a tentanus booster I think...damn.

L'Étrangère Americaine said...

How's your finger doing? Does it still hurt?

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
I hope that everything is doing better now. Has the sweelling gone down on your arm?
I hope that soon, you will be all healed.
XO

La Page Française said...

Ouch, that looks painful. Hope it is healing well.