October 6, 2007

BLOOM

The cakes were from the Corden Blue




I volunteered in a FABULOUS 2 day event sponsored by the American Church of Paris, called Bloom! It is aimed toward helping EXPATS get situated here in France by providing a wealth full of information.. VERY PRACTICAL information!! I worked the PRODUCTS TABLE.. which had LOTS of French products and I answered people's questions, like what is skim milk, low fat milk, what is the same product for cream cheese, what do I put in my washing machine for the hard water here... what do I clean wood with.. glass windows, how do I get rid of mold in the shower... etc!!! It was sooo much fun and I met a ton of nice people!! We had a coffee table with an array of homemade and store bought goodies, bagels with PHILLY CREAM CHEESE, and all-day supply of coffee from Starbucks! Great speakers, tables of associations, information, politics and books from Brentanos. Lunch was wonderful, too...
Here are some photos of lunch on the second day. I helped to set the tables for the lunch!

1 comment:

Soulamouse said...

Sounds great, I wish I could volunteer at such events...Unfortunately, we dont have enough expats here..:) My US boyfriend always complains Czech Rep. doesnt have any skim milk..:)omg, and that cake...uf....i enjoy clicking on other blogs...seeing how foreigners feel in France...