September 12, 2007

Macarons.... Oh so good!





I am spending a quiet morning reading blogs and happened to catch a recent post on Paris Breakfasts' blog about "macarons." This is actually one of my very favorite things about France... as I have tasted many a delish-ous macaron from Ladurée. It is one of my favorite places to take visitors to Oooo and Ahhhh over the beautiful pastries while at the same time trying not to drool over the counter! So, I am posting about macarons today and invite you to please check out the link to this post, as well.. Paris Breakfast has some beautiful artwork on her blog-- what an artist she is! She is also coming to Paris very soon!! I am very excited for her...




Note: All photos on this post were taken from the website from the official website of Ladurée

6 comments:

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
How are you ?
You are just going gung-ho with food subjects ! I feel I'am going to get hungry again, but that's OK ;)
You just keep on going and take care of yourself.

ParisBreakfasts said...

Dear Leesa,
THANK YOU for the heads up!
Wanna go macaron hunting in Paris together some time?
Preferably in October when I will be there :)
Best,
Carolg

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Hi Barbara.. Yes! I know.. I got hungry, too!

Carol- Sure! That sounds great.. we can hit up all the Ladurees in Paris.. then the local boulangeries to do comparison taste-tests!! Let me know when you would like to get together! --- Leesa

Linda said...

My favorite dessert to eat in Paris, hands down. I love that chewiness-especially if it's chocolate.

Destination Metz said...

I've never had a macaroon yet, but I really want to ever since I saw Marie Antoinette, they looked so delicious.

Sophia said...

Hello,

I love macaron and all Paris desserts which I can't find it here locally (Canada). I took a book from our local library and tried making Pierre Herme Chocolate Macarons. Boy, since it was my first attempt it turned out great and since then has been looking for more variation in ingredients. Could you recommend a good book on Macaron? The one I saw was "Un Amour De Macaron" but written in French. Anything in English???

Cheers so much for your time and for sharing.

Dizzy