July 11, 2007

Vacation time... Calgon take me AWAY!!!

It's summertime, n'est-ce pas? You wouldn't know it here in France. Since the first day of summer hit here, we've been having nothing but le temps de MERDE!! And I will stress MERDE, so pardon my French, s'il vous plait! I am from So. Cal (San Diego) and what we call Gray May and June Gloom usually fades to SUNNY JULY! It is now the 10th of July here and I found a total of 5 minutes of sun today and it was actually HOT for those FIVE... count 'em on your fingers on just one hand! And then, the sun went back into hiding and it got ugly again up in the sky.. So, I just don't get it.. Call me crazy or call it Global Warming, but the French folks I talk to are perplexed about this anomalie, as well. So, as our vacation time is approaching in just a matter of a few days and I am am still Desperately Seeking Sun like a Desperate Housewife I would like to dedicate this post to my dream vacation... that I took almost 3 summers ago.. in French Polynesia! I stayed on the glorious tropical islands for a month and visited 6 islands! My favorites were (in order): Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, last Tahiti.. I did not really like Tahiti very much.. and I would recommend for anyone who wishes to visit the Sociey Islands to try the other ones instead of spending time on Tahiti... I did not take ANY of the pictures on this post but if you would like to see some of the pictures that I DID take, come visit my blog... Adventures in French Polynesia, which you can get to from my PROFILE page! Thanks and let me know if you are having better luck with the weather than we are... PS- Gary, I already know that you guys have good weather in San Diego!





3 comments:

ColourMeCrazy said...

Ahhhh, these photos are looovveeelly! But hey - the weather forecast is looking good for this weekend for us - it's going to hit 30C apparently! However, just going by today....I might have my hopes too high!

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
How are you ?
Yes, bummers, this weather...
But, it's got to change. I hope that you will have great weather for your vacation in August.

Great photos of Tahiti :)

You take care; it's a pleasure to hear from you.

Blame It on Paris said...

I have a similar order of preference, I think, although I lived (as most people) on Tahiti. How wonderful you were able to spend a month there.