July 29, 2007

Sunflowers in Toulouse






We were astonished at the number of fields of SUNFLOWERS we saw while driving from Pau to Vidauban. This was mainly in the region of Toulouse, where my hubby hopes to be transferred to at work! I HOPE so!!! My favorite flower is the SUNFLOWER, as most of my friends, know! As we pulled over for a quick "pit stop" dans la nature, I captured these flowers. And just so you know... it was a break for an instant in the RAINSTORM we were stuck in almost our entire 10 hour drive to the south of France!!!!

3 comments:

Dumdad said...

I love sunflowers too - such a happy and vibrant flower.
Enjoy the sun - the weather's improving in Paris and there's sunshine this morning as I write.

ColourMeCrazy said...

Gorgeous flowers!! I soo love your sunflower photos!

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,
Just catching up with you.That was a shame that the sun "copped out" on you guys in La Rochelle.
I see that you went further down South.
Very nice," les tournesols ".
Good luck that your husband might eventually be transfered to the Toulouse area.
But we absolutely have to meet at least once... seeing that we practically neighbors !
You both take care and have a nice time !