June 23, 2007

It's OFFICIAL!!!!

WHO recognizes this LOVELY sign???? If not, it is town's administrative building... for immigration, driver's license,
national identity card, passports, etc....


YAHOOOOO!!!! It's OFFICIAL--- for a year, at least... Then I do it again.... then again... then again!!
I am NOT sure how many times this again and again thing will last but I think that after two years...
I get one for 5 years or something like that.. and by that time, I can apply for French citizenship, while
retaining my American citizenship... I wouldn't give up my American citizenship...

OH BOY!!!! Alex just informed me from looking on the website... My Carte de Sejour-- (temporary, at that) is NOT a RESIDENT CARD... I thought that is what it was in the first place... BUT NOOOOO..... it isn't. After TWO YEARS, I can apply for the resident card.. HOW RIDICULOUS!!! I AM a resident... Boy.. is that TRICKY.... Alex just told me I am eligible for French citizenship by April 2010.

3 comments:

ColourMeCrazy said...

Hey congratulations! I can't believe that you have to apply again in a year! When I got my carte de séjour, it was for 10 years! What a pain!

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Thanks!! WHEN did you get your carte de sejour?!! I want one for 10 years~~ --- Leesa

ColourMeCrazy said...

I got my carte mid-2006 - but before that I had a récipissé for 1 year - they must have replaced that with a carte. I started out with a récipissé for 3 months, then had to renew that for 1 year, then finally got my carte de séjour. It's such a pain!