June 17, 2007

Busy making JAM!!!

It is ONE of the easiest things I have ever made and doesn't take long to make either..


Last week.. I was on a roll.... That and we had a SURPLUS of fruit chez nous that wasn't being eaten and I didn't want it to go bad so I made some confiture... Alex's mom gave me plents of jars.. so I was all stocked up and ready to roll with the jam...
Alex has this huge copper jam pan so you just cut up the furit, add sugar, some lime juice and STIR ... that's it!!!! Easy..
I first made apricot.. which turned out a little tart.. but YUMMMMMM!!! Not too sweet! Then I made mango/peach/lime with lime zest.... THIS is my PRIDE and JOY of jam making.. it is SOOOOO D-LISH that I can't even tell you unless you were to taste it yourself... The one I made after that was supposed to be the copy of peach/mango/lime but I put an extra cup of sugar in by mistake and it was too sweet for my liking so I added two cups of cup up cherries.. Not, bad!!! I am going to print up some labels on the computer to make the jars look official!!----- Anyhow.. it was fun..

2 comments:

ColourMeCrazy said...

Wow - you're really getting into the jam making!! MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm! Mango-peach-lime - that sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

You know, if I had known you were such a good little homemaker, I would have married you years ago!

From an old San Diego flame